ANS Local Section Revitalization
The Local Section Committee dedicated to revitalizing local sections that need assistance in re-energizing members. Support mainly takes the form of providing guidelines regarding ANS procedures, sharing information and experience about the logistics of section development, and motivating members to participate. The LSC provides support until the section in question is active again. It also provides input where members of local sections have concerns around declining section activity. If you are seeking help to revitalize an existing section, please contact LSC Chair Tinh Tran.
Tips for Revitalizing Sections:
- Contact Tinh Tran to request help from the Local Sections Committee.
- Contact Sr. Program Coordinator, Tracy Coyle for assistance in identifying ANS members in the area where the section operates.
- Assess interest among those potential members.
- If there is sufficient interest, determine a meeting location.
- Hold a small networking meeting.
- Consult the section’s bylaws and rules if they exist.
- Begin the election process.
- Learn from the past — find out what went wrong so that you know what pitfalls to avoid. Give sufficient notice to members of future meetings.Increase attendance by, among other things, finding out what topics interest members, allowing time for networking, adding variety to meetings, conducting special events, and holding membership-building contests with prizes to the winner(s).