The Local Sections Committee has developed the following categories for Local Section status:
A section is considered to be in good standing if they have completed the following:
- adopted the standard bylaws and rules (only has to be completed once)
- submitted an annual report in the current year
- updated officer information
- hosted at least one outreach event
A section is considered to be active if they have filed an annual report at least once in last 3 years (Annual Report includes officer info).
An section is considered to be inactive if they lack one or more of the following:
- identifiable or active leadership group (officers)
- meetings (meetings are required by ANS Bylaws)
- communication with constituencies (local section members or ANS national members in its geographic area)
An inactive section that has established a key group of volunteers to work with the Local Sections Committee to revitalize the section.
A dormant section has failed to revitalize after every effort has been exhausted. Dormant sections are issued a final Notice of Pending Dissolution, and are moved to be dissolved.
If you do not see your section listed, please contact your Local Section Liaison to determine what your section’s current status is.
Sections Currently in Good Standing as of August 31:
|Michigan – Ohio Section|
|Northeastern New York Section|
|Oak Ridge/Knoxville Section|
|Savannah River Section|
|Washington DC Section|
|Wilmington Area Section|
Active Sections as of August 31:
|Eastern Washington Section|
|Latin American Section|
|Long Island, New York Section|
|Northern California Section|
|Piedmont Carolinas Section|
|San Diego Section|